Who A Customer Is In CRM Enterprise
I want to throw more light on who a customer is in a CRM Enterprise. Let us first clarify some points about a customer. It is widely agreed that a customer is a person who has come to experience the product or services that you have to offer. He is interested in the products and services that you have to offer and would likely move to another organisation that produces similar products and services if you are no longer satisfying his or her needs. Therefore the following point must be well noted.
Have you ever been to a palace? If your answer is no, you need to visit one. It’s also very imperative for you to study Royalty. A king is treated with respect. He commands, in Yoruba land, for example, it is not proper for kings to make a suggestion, they give orders.
There was a time that I was so much delighted in using Dudu-Osun as my bathing soap. I will buy twelve at once as if I am going to use them all at once. I started using the soap because of the scent and name. It got to a stage that I forced my wife to be using the soap, even though it is not really good for her.
The company producing the soap has increased the price many times over but still continue to use the soap, along with my wife. That means I am one of their assets and if they failed to meet up with my expectation, it can force me to start using another soap.
I want you to take the time to ask this question from many organisations in Nigeria. It will surprise you with the kind of result that you will get from them. Ask giants like MTN, GLO. First Bank of Nigeria Plc. Zenith Bank Plc, Oando or any other organizations in Nigeria to tell you the exact number of customers that they have or who their customers are: many of them cannot answer those questions correctly. They don’t know their customers.
As a CRM enterprise, you must endeavour to know the person that is actually responsible for the settling of the bills, Don’t just assume that the person using the line is also the person making the recharge. As a boss, I will compel my staff to open a salary account with GT Bank Plc.
If the bank is no longer meeting my expectations as the boss, I might be forced to move them to another organisation. It is very sad that organizations in Nigeria do not really understand the potentials of CRM Enterprise.
If you ask an average business person, they thought it is all about opening a call centre with multiple touchpoints. But CRM involves almost every department in an organisation. Part of it is what we called Partner Relationship Management where you let your partners and distributors understand the position of your organisation as far as the relationship with your customers is concerned so that you are not misrepresented by them.
Knowing your customers goes beyond giving out a form to fill. It goes beyond KYG in banks. It involves looking in depth into those forms and deducing some facts which you can use in retaining those customers for life.
In this chapter, we have learned that:
- A customer is someone who is interested in any goods or services that you have for sale.
- A customer should be treated as a King. That is, you should allow them to determine what you produce and how you produce them. Never argue with them.
- Knowing your customer should go beyond getting data about your customer. You should be able to ascertain the kind of relationship that they keep and how you can use such a relationship to your own advantage.
- Some scholars have argued that it is more profitable to do business from a customer perspective than product perspective than many organisations in Nigeria still prefers to do business from a product perspective. Discuss the factors that are responsible for this.
- Many Customer Care units in many organisations in Nigeria attend to customers issues as if they are doing them great favour and this is affecting the perspective of the organisation from the aspect of the customers and management seem to be helpless about. As a CRM Enterprise Consultant, how do you think Management can address this issue on the ground?
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You need to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. You can check the spam folder for it. Add us to your mailing list to receive directly from us.
PS: Click on the link below to sign up for my Online E-Course CRM Training. Make sure you confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. Thanks.
Adeniyi Salau PMP , CCNA R&S , CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016), Microsoft Certified Security and Networking Associate is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.