Hello friends. Have you ever experienced it that people brute forced your account until they are able to use it? In this article, I want to teach how to prevent unwanted guests from having access to your Operating system. Like someone asks me this morning, I am just using Windows 7 as a case study, you should know that you can practise what I am saying here on any type of Windows from Windows 7 upward.
I should say that the danger of doing this on your Operating system is that if you forget your password you will also be locked out even though you are the owner of your device. That is the reason why most of us run away from security anyway.
Therefore, follow me as I present the steps to you one after the other.
- Go to ” Control Panel” and click on “Administrative tools”
- Double click the ” Local Security Policy” and click on Account Policies”.
- When it appears, double-click on “Account Lockout policy”. You now have to double-click on ” Account Lockout Threshold.
- At the “Account Lockout threshold properties” window, enter the number of invalid logins. Click “OK” to close the Window.
These are the ways of renaming Admin Account for Windows 7 OS in order to lock out unwanted guests
One thing is common to most individuals, most especially those that do not know about computers. They are fond of using the default setting. Some have not to change the name that Microsoft gave their computer. There is a need for you to give your computer a new name. In this article, I want to tell you how you can rename your default admin name on your Windows 7 Operating system. Follow me as we learn this together.
- Click on the ‘ Start” button. Then you right-click on “Computer”. After that, you will click on “Manage”.
- In the ” Computer Management window”, click on ” Local Users and Groups”. Then you have to select ” Users.
- Right-click on ” Admin” or ” Administrator”, select “Rename”, type the new name and Click “OK”
These are the ways of displaying Startup men for Windows 7 OS
In this article, I will be teaching you how to display the Startup menu in Windows 7 Operating System. To do that:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Properties. Then click on the Start Menu bar.
Unchecked both “ Store and display recently opened programs in the Start menu’ and “Store display recently opened items in the Start menu and the Taskbar”.
Click “Apply” and Click “Ok”.
Adeniyi Salau (CCNA,CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016) is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.