Importance Of Storytelling In Social Media
Storytelling has always been of cultural importance due to its ability to entertain, educate, and instil moral values. In social media, you can use stories to highlight your brand, connect to your community and build relationships in an educational and entertaining way that makes it very consumable and authentic. Need more proof? Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook all have features called “Stories” now to better enable their users to engage in storytelling.
Storytelling in social media is a great vehicle to humanize your brand and build credibility.
By now, you’re familiar with the “Paid/Owned/Earned” digital marketing ecosystem. All three elements are integral to your digital marketing strategy and social media plays a role in each.
- Paid media as part of storytelling in social media is a great way to promote content in order to generate more earned media and can also be used to drive traffic directly to your owned media properties, and with social media, you can achieve that by using platform-native ads and paid influencers.
- Owned media is an extension of your brand and creates additional avenues for people to interact with your brand and your brand’s social media channels do just that.
- Earned media is the equivalent of online word of mouth and is the vehicle that drives traffic, engagement and sentiment around a brand. Whenever someone likes, comments on, shares or reposts your brand’s content – that is earned media.
As a social media marketer, you have to be social at the core. You need to incite, facilitate, encourage and participate in conversations to help connect with others and subsequently build relationships. Building relationships in your community increase brand affinity and trust.
However in order to build these relationships, it’s important to remember that social interactions should be a value exchange, so do make sure when you participate, what you’re saying is either entertaining or provides utility to be resonant and impactful to the community.
To be successful, a Social Media Marketer should be executing 10 major tasks:
- Developing relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers
- Creating, curating and managing all published content
- Monitoring, listening and responding to the community in a manner that ultimately drives business
- Nurturing and growing the community and any influencer outreach efforts
- Oversee design (e.g.: profile cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, blog, etc.)
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns
- Analyze, review and report ROI on key metrics creating best practices and optimizing strategy as needed
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities in UGC surrounding the company
- Report notable threats to appropriate management
Now tell us your own side of this story.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You can also join our WhatsApp Group Here.
Work from Home. Work for PropellerAds.
Finding the right Long-tail Keywords? Start your journey here.