Examining the scope of Analytical CRM
At the end of this lesson, readers should be able to:
- Define Analytical CRM
- Examine the areas that it covers.
- Discuss the strength of Analytical CRM.
- Know its limitations.
Analytical CRM has much to do with capturing, analyzing and applying the knowledge about customers and ways to approach them, typically using databases, statistical tools, data mining, machine learning, business intelligence and reporting methodologies.
Customer knowledge consists of basic personal data such as Customer name, company name, business unit, business department, address, e-mail, phone, fax, gender, nationality e.t.c.
It also consists of sophisticated client knowledge such as client value, (annual revenue profitability), transactions (product description, revenue, profit, payment method, payment behaviour).
We also have internet communication (IP address, entry page, click stream, visit length). Telephone communications (call centre, report data, sales calls). This client information can be captured from the processes (sales, services, finance, and marketing) and channels of the organization. Certain data can also be acquired from external sources such as market research data or address databases. It is often advisable to store all client data centrally for the organization to avoid multiple versions of the truth. Client data should be actual, complete, correct, unique and accessible for those who need it when they need it.
USAGE OF ANALYTICAL CRM
- Optimize marketing effectiveness.
- Customer acquisition, cross-selling, up-selling, retention e.t.c.
- Analysis of customer behaviour to aid product and service decision making e.g. product pricing, new product development.
- Management decisions e.g. financial forecasting, and customer profitability analysis.
- Prediction of the profitability of customer detection.
STRENGTH OF ANALYTICAL CRM
- Can help to find and explore useful knowledge in large customer databases.
- Classify customers, predict customers behaviour select market approach and channel.
LIMITATIONS OF ANALYTICAL CRM
- Certain Analytical CRM techniques can be complex to understand.
- It is still in an early stage of usage.
At the end of this lesson, we have discovered that:
- Analytical CRM has to do with capturing, analyzing and usage of the customers knowledge.
- Some of the knowledge includes Basic personal data, sophisticated client knowledge, internet communication and telephone communication.
- Analytical CRM is used to: Optimize marketing effectiveness, analyze customers’ behaviour, manage decisions and predict the profitability of customers.
- Some of its limitations include complexity and non-popularity of the applications.
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You need to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. You can check the spam folder for it. Add us to your mailing list to receive directly from us.
PS: Click on the link below to sign up for my Online E-Course CRM Training. Make sure you confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. Thanks.
Adeniyi Salau PMP , CCNA R&S , CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016), Microsoft Certified Security and Networking Associate is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.