How to Perform Process Level Integration for Projects.
Project Management generally may be seen as a set of processes and activities that are undertaken to achieve project objectives. Therefore, process-level integration is one of the essential skills that a Project Manager must-have.
- Some of the processes that we have in project management might take place at once.
- That means the initial creation of project charter, for example, is a single process. There are some other processes that overlap and occur throughout the project.
- Talking about some of the process level integration that overlaps and occurs several times in a project, we have change management process. At times, change management processes can impact the scope of the project.
- The Project Manager in monitoring changes needs to make sure that a change in one aspect does not impact negatively on other aspects of the project.
- The Project Manager also needs to ensure that such changes do not impact the scope and budget of the project. That is why change request has to come into play.
- There are some processes such as control scope and Perform Integrated Change Control that may involve raising a change request. This will allow the Project Manager and the Change Control Board to analyse the impact of change and decide whether that change should be effected or not.
- Although there is no stated definition on how to integrate project processes, it is clear that a project has a small chance of meeting it’s objective when the Project Manager fails to integrate project processes where they interact. That is why process-level integration is mandatory for a project.
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
Click here to Download 5 E-Books that I have taken time to prepare for you.
These E-Books contain formulas that have helped many of my students to nail the PMP Exam at first attempt! You can also make use of this E-Books.
If you have any question while using the material, feel free to shoot me a mail. I am committed to assisting you to nail your PMP exam. It’s a pledge. You can always count on me as a friend.
PS: For like seven years since I started blogging I have tried many platforms and tools. Some worked and some of them performed below expectation. Here are some of the tools that I will gladly recommend for you any day, any time.
You need to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. You can check the spam folder for it. Add us to your mailing list to receive directly from us.
PS: Click on the link below to sign up for my Online E-Course CRM Training. Make sure you confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. Thanks.
Adeniyi Salau (CCNA,CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016) is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.