Analysing Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of guidelines , measures and controls that were we’re established to assist merchants implement strong security precautions to ensure safe credit card usage and secure information storage.
Business with merchant identification that take credit card payments-whether online, even if they use a payment service provider.
Here are some of the objectives of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard…
- Maintain an information security policy.
- Regularly monitor and test networks.
- Implement strong access control measures .
- Build and maintain a secure network for cards transactions
- Protect cardholder data
- Maintain a vulnerability Management program .
PCI DSS checklists
- install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system to passwords and other security parameters.
- Encrypt Transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Use and regularly update antivirus software.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Restrict access to cardholder by business need- to know.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security.
Adeniyi Salau PMP , CCNA R&S , CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016), Microsoft Certified Security and Networking Associate is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.