Analyzing Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of guidelines, measures, and controls that were we’re established to assist merchants to implement strong security precautions to ensure safe credit card usage and secure information storage.
Businesses with merchant identification that takes credit card payments-whether online, even if they use a payment service provider.
Here are some of the objectives of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard…
- Maintain an information security policy.
- Regularly monitor and test networks.
- Implement strong access control measures.
- Build and maintain a secure network for cards transactions
- Protect cardholder data
- Maintain a vulnerability management program.
PCI DSS checklists
- install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for the system to passwords and other security parameters.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Use and regularly update antivirus software.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Restrict access to cardholder by business need- to know.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security.
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You can also join our WhatsApp Group Here.
13 total views, 1 views today