Internet security checklists
In this very article, I want to talk about internet security.
As I have rightly indicated, It will be more of a checklist. You can always come back here to confirm whether you are doing it or not. If you are not, it is not too late to adjust. Following the checklist will really keep you safe on the internet. With much ado. Here is the checklist that will keep the Dark Angels at bay.
- Regularly update your Operating systems to the latest version.
- Set up a firewall to control the flow of information.
- Ensure you have the latest version of browsers. You have to make sure that you are updating it regularly.
- Install a safe browsing tool that warns about phishing and block access to malicious websites.
- Ensure that you are connected to a secure network when you are using a wireless network.
- Never respond to unsolicited emails. Do not open any email from an unknown person.
- Do not click links sent by unknown users.
- Do not download files from unknown sources.
- Do not give out personally identifiable information when registering with websites.
- Do not click any pop up that appears while browsing websites.
- Regularly scan your system for viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, keyloggers, and other malware using anti-viruses.
- Update your anti-virus on regular bases.
- Use a strong password and change them at regular interval.
- Disconnect the internet if anything suspicious is found on the computer.
- Always check the address bar for the correct URL.
- Always check the website certificate, SSL padlock and https.
- Regularly back up important files as part of your checklists.
- Remove unnecessary protocols from the browser interface.
- Check router or firewall logs to identify abnormal network connection to the internet.