6 Cautions to take When Opening Email Attachments
Email attachments are major email security threats as they offer attackers easiest and most powerful way to attack a PC.
Most email malicious attachments install a virus, Trojan, spyware or any other kind of malicious code as soon as you open them.
Here are the six cautions that you need to take when you are opening email attachments.
- Save and scan all attachments before opening them.
- Check if the email is from any of your contacts. If not, be careful how you open such emails.
- DO not open attachments with suspicious or unknown file extensions. Example of such include .exe, .vbs, .bat..ini,.pif,.zzx among others.
- Check if the subject line and name of the attachment are correlated with each other.
- Check if the email was ever received from the source.
- Never open an email attachment from an unreliable source.
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.