When Ashley and that i got married thirteen
years ago, we were young and crazy , but
we were also pretty clueless (me
Along the way, we’ve had numerous people
share wise advice and life experiences
with us, which has helped guide our
family through good times and adversity .
Through the years, i have been collecting
some of the simplest marriage advice others
have shared with us (and some I had to
learn through my very own mistakes).
If you apply this list of 25 principles
to your relationship, it could make a
life-changing difference in your
2. Always answer the phone when your
husband/wife is looking .
When possible, attempt to keep your phone off
when you’re along side your spouse.
3. Make time together a priority.
Budget for a uniform date night. Time
is the “currency of relationships,” so
consistently invest time into your
4. Surround yourself with friends who will
strengthen your marriage.
Remove yourself from people that may
tempt you to compromise your character.
5. Make laughter the soundtrack of your
Share moments of joy. And even within the
hard times, find reasons to laugh.
6. In every argument, remember that
there won’t be a “winner” and a “loser.”
You’re partners in everything so you’ll
either win together or lose together. Work
together to seek out an answer .
7. Realize that a robust marriage rarely
has two strong people at an equivalent time.
It’s usually a husband and wife taking
turns being strong for every other within the
moments when the opposite feels weak.
8. Prioritize what happens within the
It takes quite sex to create a robust
marriage, but it’s nearly impossible to
build a robust marriage without it.
9. Remember that marriage isn’t 50/50
— divorce is 50/50.
Marriage has got to be 100/100. It’s not
about splitting everything in half, but both
partners giving everything they have .
10. Give your best to every other,
Not just your leftovers after you’ve given
your best to everyone else.
12. Don’t put your marriage on hold while
you’re raising your kids alternatively you’ll end
up with an empty nest and an empty
13. Never keep secrets from one another .
This is a number of the simplest marriage advice I
can offer you . Because secrecy is that the
enemy of intimacy.
14. Never mislead one another .
Lies break trust, and trust is that the
foundation of a robust marriage.
15. When you’ve made an error , admit
it and humbly seek forgiveness.
You should be quick to mention , “I was wrong.
I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”
16. When your husband/wife breaks your
trust, give them your forgiveness
This will promote healing and make the
opportunity for trust to be rebuilt. You
should be quick to mention , “I love you. I
forgive you. Let’s move forward.”
17. twiddling my thumbs with one another .
Your spouse is usually more important
than your schedule.
18. Model the type of marriage which will
make your sons want to get older to be
And make your daughters want to grow
up to be good wives.
19. Be your spouse’s biggest encourager,
not his/her biggest critic.
Be the one who wipes away their tears,
not the one who causes them.
20. Never talk badly about your spouse to
other people or vent about them online.
Protect your spouse in the least times and altogether
21. Always wear your wedding band .
It will remind you that you’re always
connected to your spouse and can remind
the rest of the planet that you’re off limits.
22. Connect with a community of religion .
A good church can make a world of
difference in your marriage and family.
23. Pray together.
Every marriage is stronger with God within the
middle of it.
24. once you need to choose from
saying nothing or saying something mean
to your spouse, say nothing whenever .
No really, every single time.
25. Never consider divorce as an option.
Remember that a “perfect marriage” is
just two imperfect people that refuse to
give up on one another .