How To Execute Launch Plan For Digital Strategy
Consider the implementation of a Digital WIP (work in progress) Meeting. This meeting gathers all those with responsibilities, meeting regularly to discuss all activity planned and currently live. Throughout this program, we have discovered how each platform has different requirements. This is no different for management – you must understand that whatever platform you use, there are specific nuances that will alter how they need to be managed. In this article, I want to look at all that you need to consider when it comes to executing a launch plan for digital strategy.
- Social: Requires day-to-day management with particular attention to comments and page activity as during times of higher media spends there is a huge increase in engagement and opportunities to have conversations with the consumer.
- Search: Requires specific knowledge of the Google platform. Like social, it requires day-to-day use and refinement to ensure bids and keywords are maintained.
- Display: Display campaigns, once created, can be more self-policing. You should ensure they are performing but can be allowed to run.
- Site: As you can imagine, website development and optimization requires specific skillsets. Look to ensure once your site is created that you are carrying out regular updates to site content all across the site to ensure valuable SEO.
Now let’s discuss some of the more fundamental format specs to consider outside of specific site specs:
- Video: Video is not a new format but the changing ways we engage with video are. We are consuming more and more video but also less video. Attention spans are wavering, so you must make your content compelling so that your audience wants to view it. In addition, approximately 95% of video is being consumed in autoplay formats without sound. You have to consider how your content will be delivered and will a muted video affect it e.g. talking heads. Make an attempt to use overlay visuals or animations to communicate messages.
- Micro-moments: Platforms like Snapchat and Instagram Stories open a massive new opportunity. If you are communicating through these micro-moment platforms, consider how the audience uses them. How can you utilize emojis and languages common on the platform to reach that audience?
If you plan on using multiple platforms, it is important to identify what the various nuances are on offer on each channel. How can you elaborate on existing creative strategies by capturing micro-moments, e.g. utilizing carousel formats for multiple images or utilizing formats specific to each platform e.g. Twitter conversational ads?
Each channel will require very specific format requirements. There are lead formats which are the most commonly used formats and are very effective. You should understand what formats you will implement as a part of your activity.
Just like your strategic plan template, you can utilize the same structure to launch your campaign. This is about understanding all the different elements available to you, your timings and the assets and formats that will be available during the campaign. Your launch plan is a single page that has all of the detail throughout your campaign. The launch plan requires you to list out your connection strategy, the channels, formats and budgets. All of this detail is laid out with key moments so you know what should be live and when.
Each day, someone should be responsible for tracking how your campaign is performing. It’s important to remember that performance is measured across a number of key aspects.
Paid Media produces data to be reviewed. Content that is live will have comments. Do you have questions to respond to or opportunities to create a positive customer moment? Be aware that when paid is live, your traffic, queries and social engagement will naturally increase.
1. Who is responsible for each channel?
2. When are key assets going live?
3. What are the key moments in the campaign?
Now Tell Us Your Own Side Of This Story.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You Can Also be part of Our WhatsApp Group Here.
Finding the right Long-tail Keywords? Start Your Journey Here.
11 total views, 1 views today