Portals technology is known for the provision of complete, reliable, viable solutions to a common set of problems.
Enterprise needs to embrace the use of portal technology in order to reduce costs and this may require the integration and synchronization of existing systems available in the organization.
While it is highly desired to achieve a high level of transparency and knowledge sharing within the organisation, an enterprise must be able to ensure that information at their disposal yields positive results in terms of usage. If not, it will lead to decreased productivity as employees handle information overload. Organisations should justify employee portal expenditures as enabling infrastructure.
The customer portal must be designed in a way that it will ease interaction among user and provide personalized contents which can be used to improved customers relationship.
Partner portals need to incorporate necessary elements of the value chain to give a desirable value proposition to encourage further collaboration.
Enterprise portal in its design must be able to allow the organisation to develop intimacy with the customer, grow the relationship and raise the exit barrier of customer
Elements of a Good Portal Design
- It should have flow by life events.
- It should be personalized to meet individual customer content
- Blends with information and collaborative patterns
- The response time must be faster
- Confirmation of transactions.
- User to user
- User to site owner capabilities such as ask the expert email in context, chat etc.
- Good use if multiple taxonomies
- Search features
- Dynamic FAQ based on searches
- Reasonable performance
- Ability to work with old technology versions
- Minimal scrolling on highest level pages
- Consistent understandable and complete navigation.
- Accessible to colour blind, deaf, poor eyesight and other people with disability.
At the end of this lesson, we have been able to discover that:
- Portals provide a reliable and viable solution to a common set of problems.
- Organisations should be able to justify their expenses on portals
- portals must allow the organisation to develop intimacy with their customers and improve customers experience.
You need to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. You can check the spam folder for it. Add us to your mailing list to receive directly from us.
PS: Click on the link below to sign up for my Online E-Course CRM Training. Make sure you confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. Thanks.