Some of the Major Checklist when you Want to Identify Theft Protection
Here are some of the step that you need to follow when you want to identify theft protection in any setting.
- never give away social security information or private contact information on the phone – unless you initiated the phone call.
- Keep your social security card, passport, licence and other valuable personal information hidden and looked up.
- Ensure that your name is not present in the marketers’ hit list.
- Shred papers with personal information instead of throwing them away.
- Confirm who you are dealing with, i.e a legitimate representative or a legitimate organisation over the phone.
- Carry only necessary credit cards.
- Can cards seldom used .
- Review credit card regularly.
- Do not carry your social security card in your wallet.
- Do not.reply to unsolicited email requests for personal information.
- Do not give personal information over the phone.
- Review bank /credit card statements regularly.
- Shred credit card offers and “convenience checks” that are not useful.
- Do not allow any financial information on the system and use strong passwords for all financial accounts.
- Check the telephone and cell phone bills for calls you did not make.
- Read before you click, stop pre-approved credit offers, and read website privacy policies.
- Keep the computer operating system and other applications up to date.
- Install anti-virus software and scan the system regularly.
- Enable firewall protection.
- Check for website policies before you enter.
- Be careful while opening email attachments.
- Clear the browser history, logs and recently opened files every time.
- Check for secured websites whole transmitting sensitive information.
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.