There are much reasons why you would like to hide your applications, videos, photos, and some other files on your android phone.
Perhaps you’ve some videos you would prefer your parents not to see if peradventure they borrow your phone . Or maybe you have some important files that contains sensitive information that you would want to keep to yourself alone and wouldn’t want to lose. Perhaps some applications in your phone aren’t child friendly to feel safe handing your phone to your children or younger siblings to play danger dash.
They are plenty of reasons, but whatever the case maybe, they are numerous ways to hide your files on your phone.
This must times have resulted us to download file locking applications on Google Play store. But what becomes of the files when the application is deleted, and besides you wouldn’t want an application to take much space in your device. For this reasons, I have decided to teach you how to hide sensitive files on your android devices without the use of an application.
Here are two easy methods to securely hide files on your Android device.
1. First open your file manager and then create a new folder. Now move all the files you want to hide into that folder.
2. Then go to your file manager settings and enable the option “show hidden files/folders“.
3. Rename that newly created folder,which have files you want to hide. During rename just add a dot “.” before the folder name and save it. For example if your folder name is “folder name”, then just rename it as “.folder name“.
4. Now, go back to your file manager settings and set “hide hidden folders” or disable the option that you activated in step 2.
5. Now, your folder is hidden. Check your gallery for confirmation. If you want to unhide files just enable “show hidden files/folders” option then rename the folder by removing dot “.”
Since the above method is not working in some new android smart phones especially on Kitkat and later. If you are having difficulty with method 1 above, try method 2. This method is nothing but simply adding a “.nomedia” file in the folder where you are hiding the files. So the folder with “.nomedia” file will be hidden from the gallery.
1. Like the first method move the files you want to hide into a newly created folder in file manager.
2. In this step we are going to create our “nomedia” file. Now rename your unwanted file to “.nomedia”.
Don’t forget to erase full name along with extension and save it. Now, file manager will ask permission to change file extension, then hit “OK”.
3. That’s all. you have successfully hidden your files from gallery. Check gallery to verify. If the hidden files are still showing, reboot your device and all will be fine. If you want to unhide your files, just rename “.nomedia” file to some other file extension.
So, that’s it! Those are the two easiest tricks to hide files on Android without using any app. If you are facing any difficulty or know some other methods to hide files, please use the comment button.
Please don’t forget to like, share and drop your contributions.