Do you want to know how to use the Data Entry app called Excel ?
- You need to enter all the data into the appropriate cell before you can be able to do any manipulation on them.
- When you enter data into any cell, that cell become what is called an Active cell.
- An active cell is always displayed with a solid green border around it. You should note that in working on excel data entry, when you select a range of cell , it is one only one cell that will be the active cell. In that case, the active cell is displayed without a shaded background around it.
- You can use Tab and the Enter key to navigate among cells within a selected range while maintaining the range as your selection.
- In addition to dragging your mouse to select a range of cells, you can press and hold down the Shift key to select a range of contiguous cells or you can press and hold down the Ctrl key to select a range of non contiguous group of cells.
- A contiguous cell are cells that are together while a non contiguous cells are range of cells that are not together.
If you enjoy our article, sign up to get our next article in your inbox. You need to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to your email. You can check the spam folder for it.
Add us to your mailing list to receive directly from us. Thanks.