31 Email Communication Checklists for Everyone
Here are some of the things that you need to take note of if you want to have more secure email communication.
- Do not use just one email account for all purposes.
- Do not close your browser without properly logging out.
- Don’t forget to delete browser cache, passwords and history.
- Don’t send personal and financial information via email.
- Don’t trust the emails from your friends to be secure.
- Don’t delete Sam instead of blacklisting it.
- Don’t fail to scan all email attachments and to enable email Sam filter.
- Don’t use simple and easy to guess passwords.
- Create strong passwords for logging into mail accounts.
- Enable https for secure communications transactions.
- Be diligent while owning Email Attachments.
- Do not click on links provided in email messages.
- Do not forward or reply to spam and suspicious emails; delete them.
- Avoid accessing email via unsecured public wireless connection.
- Avoid accessing the email accounts on shared computers and sending large attachments in emails.
- use bcc options when sending emails to multiple recipients.
- Never save your password on a web browser.
- Sort messages by priority, subject, date, sender and other options. This will help in searching for emails easily.
- Avoid sending confidential , sensitive , personal and classified information in email.
- Clean your inbox regularly.
- Create folders and move small email accordingly. ( Family, friends, work e.t.c).
- Digital sign your outgoing emails.
- Send attachments in PDF format rather than Word or Excel format.
- Consider setting a mobile phone to download only headers of the email, not the full email.
- Configure to check only attachment notifications, but.not attachments.
- Do not open/send attachments from mobile.
- Do not follow links sent in email or text messages.
- Install mobile antivirus and keep it up to date.
- Turn off Show Pictures in your mobile browser.
- Reduce the size of an email, send them in plain text.
- Zip and send any important files.
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
Click here to Download 5 E-Books that I have taken time to prepare for you.
These E-Books contain formulas that have helped many of my students to nail the PMP Exam at first attempt! You can also make use of this E-Books. If you have any question while using the material, feel free to shoot me a mail. I am committed to assisting you to nail your PMP exam. It’s a pledge. You can always count on me as a friend.
PS: For like seven years since I started blogging I have tried many platforms and tools. Some worked and some of them performed below expectation. Here are some of the tools that I will gladly recommend for you any day, any time.
PS: Click on the link below to sign up for my Online E-Course CRM Training. Make sure you confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. Thanks.
Adeniyi Salau (CCNA,CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016) is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.