Analyzing Content Seeding In Digital Marketing
A good content strategy will involve content creation at the heart. What you do with that content and getting it to your intended audience is what we’ll look at in content seeding. More often than not we’ll look at how content is placed on these places with a link back to the original content source. There is some overlap here with content promotion, however, seeding is the approach for the initial publishing with promotion coming in afterwards.
The benefits of content seeding include:
- Reach: allows your content to reach a much wider audience with your message
- Relevancy: by leveraging third parties you can ensure your content is seen by the right audiences and get your message to the right targets
- Increase: SEO ranking and web traffic back to your channels and site
- Build: understanding, awareness and thought leadership within your industry
- Improves: your SEO overall for brand mentions
- Generate leads and conversions
When it comes to content seeding we can view distribution channels in three spaces:
#1 Owned as part of content seeding in digital marketing
These are the channels that you have 100% autonomous control over. These channels offer the best opportunity to shape your message, creative and content. Challenges with owned spaces are reaching your intended audience and the danger of being too product-focused.
#2 Collaborativeas part of content seeding in digital marketing
These are channels where online communities come together to share and create content together. Weaving your content in here can benefit from user-generated content (UGC) input making users feel a part of the creation process.
#3 Earned/Paid as part of content seeding in digital marketing
Earned and paid channels for your message represents a great opportunity for content marketers by leveraging already engaged audiences or networks and placing your product into the existing conversation. Great conversion can be achieved by correctly identifying perfect fits for these third party channels. We will cover this further when we get to content promotion.
There are a number of methods you can use to seed your curated content:
- Summary Blog Posts: these blog posts can discuss content seen in other places, top tips lists, observations by comparing and contrasting of multiple similar items in your industry to add your thought leadership perspective
- Email newsletters & notifications: sharing news stories of the week from your industry and also positioning your view and news about your own business amongst these
- Social posts: on a micro level retweeting or sharing stories with additional narrative, or thought on articles or content pieces.
Now tell us your own side of this story.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You can also join our WhatsApp Group Here.
Work from Home. Work for PropellerAds.
Finding the right Long-tail Keywords? Start your journey here.