Introducing CRM Management Cycle in CRM
At the end of this lesson, readers should be able to:
- Define CRM intelligence management Cycle
- Identify the four steps in the CRM intelligence Management cycle
- Benefits of Analysis in CRM
- Measurement indicators in CRM
A four process illustrates the CRM Intelligence Management Cycle which is the collection of data, analysis, action and effective Management of the process.
- COLLECTION AS PART OF CRM MANAGEMENT CYCLE
As an Organisation formulates the data warehouse in order to cater for customer data, the Organisation must be able to evaluate and establish a mechanism that will cater to all customer data throughout the entire Organisation
The Organisation must be able to cater for all operational and financial data of the customers in order to enable the Organisation to meet customers’ demands and understand the financial implication of current and future behaviour of the customers. The Organisation needs to gather as much as possible about the customers in order to have an insight into their behaviours and most importantly how to make their purchase decisions.
After you have gathered all the data that you need, you must be able to analyse it. You should know that CRM analysis is different from ordinary analysis. This is because the CRM analysis is more specific and complex in nature. The purpose of analyzing data include:
- Customer Behaviour and Preferences: You should know that the more an Organisation can have a complete view of customers, the better the relationship can be conducted and fortified. Understanding customer behaviour will enable the Organisation to come up with customers based strategies that will meet customers’ needs.
OPERATIONAL FACTORS AS PART OF CRM MANAGEMENT CYCLE: Analysis will enable channel capacity and design, sales effectiveness across multiple channels and channels effectiveness. It will enable the Organisation to know how their touch points are points and things that can be done in order to boost their effectiveness.
- FINANCIAL FACTORS: This includes the study of customer profitability, cost allocation, consumption of resources to sell/service the customer e.t.c. In order to determine the key opportunities for improving profitability, and relate them to customer-related activities or operational activities.
In order to achieve this, there is a need for the Organisation to embark on a set of analysis and modelling tools. Analysis tools can provide the ability to evaluate customer profiles and behaviour, and identify communication potentials. In most cases, they also enable the evaluation of customer response and behaviour.
- ACTION: After analysis of customer data, there is a need for action on the part of the Organisation. The Organisation must be able to plan and execute communication-based on analytical intelligence. The Organisation must be able to automate all types of customer communications from prospecting to multi-channel interactions over time.
In doing this, the Organisation must consider the uniqueness of every customer and the need for personalization of services for customers. The main thing that will determine this is the past behaviour of the customers.
Optimization capabilities can prioritize communications across all channels and ensure effective communications.
Optimization should be based on the priority of the message and the availability of resources to act within a particular time window. This should encompass all touch points such as direct mail, kiosks, a point of sale, call centre, web, E-mail, ATM, Store/branch and sales contacts. Optimization is intended to reduce the conflicts that may occur in channels.
MEASUREMENT OF RESULTS:
The Organisation must measure the effectiveness and impact of its CRM activities on a regular basis to ensure the meeting of its objectives.
There are different ways by which performances of CRM analytics can be measured which includes Campaign costs, Marketing campaign gross margin and Revenue, total customers in database showing real profitability, Revenue and gross margins per customer in the database, revenue and gross margin from targeted customers and the percent change in CRM-related revenue and cost year to year.
The real value of CRM Management cycle is its ability to identify customers at the point of their needs. They must be able to know what their customers want and give them exactly what they want. This will help greatly in reducing attrition in the Organisation.
As part of the CRM Management cycle, you should note that If the Organisation can identify their customers at the point of their needs, they will be able to render personalized services to their customers. If the Organisation is able to meet its customers through the appropriate channel, it will enhance customer relationships which will ultimately lead to an increase in marketing success and customer loyalty.
Above all, with analytical CRM, an enterprise-class data warehouse and a well-formulated knowledge of the customer base, an Organisation will be able to satisfy the interest of its shareholders and stakeholders
At the end of this lesson, we have been able to discover that:
- CRM intelligence Management cycle has four steps which include: collection, Analysis, Action and Measurement of results.
- Analysis has to do with a logical sequence to any data
Now your take on this argument.
We would also like to hear what you feel about the topic we discussed today. Your feedback is very important to us. Feel free to drop your comments and recommendations. If you have a contrary opinion, you can drop that too.
You can also join our Facebook Page CRMNigeria for more updates. You can do that by clicking on the link or searching for our page on Facebook.
You need to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. You can check the spam folder for it. Add us to your mailing list to receive directly from us.
PS: Click on the link below to sign up for my Online E-Course CRM Training. Make sure you confirm your subscription by clicking on the link sent to you. Thanks.
Adeniyi Salau is a Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.