7 Steps In Estimating a Cost Baseline
Here are the procedures that you have to follow when are estimating a cost baseline.
- Gather the inputs you will need to establish the baseline, such as the WBS , the project schedule , the cost estimates and the risk management plan.
- Use the project schedule to determine when activities will be taking place.
- Use one of the methods for assigning costs , allocate funds for each activity or work package for the time period in which it will be taking place.
- Consider adding a contingency amount to accommodate the risk of incurring extra expenses.
- Total the cost for each time period.
- Plot the cost for each period on a chart to create an S-curve of the baseline.
- Publish and distribute the cost baseline to the appropriate project stakeholders.
Adeniyi Salau PMP , CCNA R&S , CDMP, CEP, MOS, MCP, CSCU (Project 2016), Microsoft Certified Security and Networking Associate is a Google and Beingcert Certified Digital Marketer, Project Manager and SEO Expert of repute with about a decade of Blogging and online marketing experience. He is always ready to share his experience with others.